Re: REST, Conversations and Reliability

David Orchard wrote:

> Paul,
>
> Rest (:-) assured, I haven't forgotten to respond to your note.  In what
> little time I've had available since thursday morning, I worked on the
> ws-arch document.  That is a higher priority for the working group at this
> time.

I understand! No problem.

> I have a rather detailed rebuttal that I've only made some progress on -
> it's basically that the conversation ID isn't *really* an ID, it's actually
> a data structure used by dispatchers to keep the dispatcher stateless.

Okay, you'll still have to convince me that that's an argument against
making it a resource...but maybe you will.

> I'm also strongly against using GET to retrieve a WSDL file for a web
> service.  If only the spec that specifies that was done within the W3C, I
> would bring it up to the TAG.

Perhaps someone should publish an alternative mechanism as a NOTE. For
instance if there were a standard SOAP header then the GET on an
endpoint could return anything relevant but it would have a header to
the WSDL.
--
Come discuss XML and REST web services at:
  Open Source Conference: July 22-26, 2002, conferences.oreillynet.com