Re: REST, Conversations and Reliability

From: Mark Baker <mbaker@myblackberry.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 00:17:17 -0400
To: Eric.Newcomer@iona.com
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org

Eirc, I just wanted to respond to one point, before returning to (wired) email range on Wednesday...

Re "the truth seems to be clearly in the middle", it may be (though I don't believe it is), but that doesn't mean the right architecture is.

To contrast the single most obvious architectural difference between OMA-style architectures and REST, would you say that the connector semantics of the Web services architecture will be generic to each Web service, or specific?

The point of that question is just to demonstrate that there is no middle ground with some (most even) architectural constraints.

Mark Baker, Ottawa Canada. (613)261-5172
PLEASE RESPOND ONLY TO DISTOBJ@ACM.ORG