Re: RESTing on laurels

On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 12:49:17PM -0400, Champion, Mike wrote:
> AFAIK, the working understanding is that the level of REST compatibility in
> SOAP 1.2 as currently drafted is sufficient for both XMLP and WSA to move
> forward without fear of serious pushback from the TAG.

It's sufficient for XMLP, but I don't see how it would impact WSA at
all ...

>   If we don't achieve
> at least that level of compatibility (allowing GET of "safe" web services
> resources) we would have problems.

I think it's more than just "allowing".  When we choose or define an
architectural style, it will have to define how to use GET.

For example, current SOAP 1.1 best practice with GET is to return WSDL.
I don't expect the TAG will consider that sufficient, because WSDL
doesn't describe the state of a resource, it describes its interface.