RE: Harvesting REST

Hmmmm .... "Hypertext" (as most would define it) use cases have to do with
humans reading  textual representations of web resources.  Web Services use
cases have to do with machines extracting and processing information
identified by web resources.

The issue is not the change of state of the resources, but the semantics of
the resources.  One can imagine mapping the semantics of textual
representations onto ontologies, etc. that would allow a machine to extract
and process information, but this has not been demonstrated AFAIK in the
"wild", only the laboratory.  So, as a practical matter, there are currently
different use cases for web hypertext and web services.

BTW, I do agree with Mark B. that we ought to "harvest" the WEB (REST?)
architecture as one of the inputs into the WSA.  To not do this would both
deny the "web" part of web services, and would inflict upon us a long debate
that the TAG would probably resolve in favor of the REST advocates.  While
one might well argue that the 80/20 point of the WSA might exclude REST, it
would not IMHO  be conducive to time to market!