[STF] Security Harvesting

From: Darran Rolls <Darran.Rolls@waveset.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 13:08:40 -0500
To: <www-ws-arch@w3.org>
The STF has been tasked with three main goals.  One of these is the harvesting of security relevant technologies.  I’d like to ensure I correctly understand this goal and make a start at compiling a list.

To ensure I understand the objective, the STF is tasked with coming up with a list of existing security “Initiatives” that have  “Relevant Bodies of Work”.  To define this further, I offer the following:

A Security Initiative is:

An existing, newly formed or forming group, consortium or initiative that produces any “Body of Work” deemed relevant to the security concerns of the WSA-WG STF.

A Relevant Body of Work is:

A model, architecture, pattern, component or approach, deemed relevant to the security concerns of the WSA-WG STF.

On the (presumption) that the above is correct, I’ll start the bidding on this thread and suggest the following (far from complete) list of initiatives and relevant bodies of work:

OASIS WS-Security

          - Spec

OASIS Security TC

          - SAML 1.0