RE: Harvesting experience as well as architectures

Mike

I agree with your summary, yet I think we have particular problem to solve
which makes life a bit more difficult.

Specifically SOAP is very simple which means you have to use SOAP extensions
to it to make it useful. However there are very many different target uses
for the base SOAP, for example:
* Inter-server communication - e.g. to link real-time process control
computers in a manufacturing environment
* Remote access to data - e.g. remote database update
* Secure reliable eCommerce across firewalls
* Synchronization of data with a PDA

These have very different requirements, for instance:
* Remote database update might need two phase commit
* eCommerce would need public key cryptography
* Inter-server communication would have to be very efficient

The problem is that I don't think that one size fits all. So even if we want
to go for the 80/20 rule (which I agree is a good idea) which 80% do we go
for as one person's nice to have is another's must have ... thoughts?

David