Re: Peer to peer goal

Ugo:
   Setting P2P as a goal merely has the effect of identifying it as
something that is important to us; without commenting on the current
state of technology.

  Having said that, I haven't had the time yet to go through SOAP 1.2 or
WSDL 1.2 to determine if its handled. I suspect that much of what we
will need will be covered, reliable messaging notwithstanding ;-)

There are multiple levels here: low-level technology needed to deliver
messages (for example) and higher-level architectural abstractions
(concepts of identity, management of permanence, relationships etc)

I would say that one-way messaging (to take an example) might be a key
enabling technology but is not itself enough to capture P2P. You need
also the concept of a conversation, as a generalization of method
invocation, and this eventually leads us to security related concepts
such as principal, non-repudiation, etc.

Hope this shed a little light. Sorry to be so general.

Frank