From: Darran Rolls [mailto:Darran.Rolls@waveset.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 7:01 PM
To: Joseph Hui; Hal Lockhart; www-ws-arch@w3.org
Subject: RE: "Onion model" explained

I would agree with Hal’s position, but concede that AuthN *can* have a
purpose on it’s own.  I think the issue is that it’s hard to separate them
as proposed.  Perhaps we could move AuthZ to layer 1, or if that makes layer
1 too “crowded”, move confidentiality to 2 and leave AuthN/AuthZ in 1?

Darran Rolls                      http://www.waveset.com

Waveset Technologies Inc          drolls@waveset.com

(512) 657 8360