RE: D-AC004 Status

From: <michael.mahan@nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 16:39:27 -0400
To: <hugo@w3.org>, <www-ws-arch@w3.org>

Hugo, Sorry for the tardy response.

>[..]
>> AR00X.4: (this still needs work)
>> component relationships are described in terms of messages
>and message
>> transmission protocols. (original)
>> OR
>> relationships between components must be well described
>> (suggested, I feel this is not enough)
>
>I think that there is a terminology problem here.
>
>The first proposal suggests that "components" means Web services. I
>understand the second one as referring to components of the
>architecture, such as choreography, security.
>
>I am happy with the first one, but I think that "components" is a
>confusing word to use here.

I have been leaning towards the first first too. The intent is to define
what really is a relationship/connector in the WS architecture. However
there has been some pushback on the first and the second does not address
the intent of the requirement.

I believe the group, with maybe the harvesting TF taking the lead, needs
to get some concensus on the terms, notation, and method to model the
architecture.

Mike