Re: [RTF] Glossary entry ""metric of Architectural component"

Hi Suresh,

On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 01:43:47PM -0500, Damodaran, Suresh wrote:
> Mark,
>

> >From glossary [2] I find:
>
> Architecture
> The software architecture of a program or computing system is the structure
> or structures of the system, which comprise software components, the
> externally visible properties of those components, and the relationships
> among them."
>
> =>
> 	Architecture component = (software) component of the (software)
> architecture.

Ok.  But why would "software component" not suffice?  "component" itself
is quite overloaded, and really should be qualified.  I'm just
suggesting that we use the qualification that is already in our
architecture definition, rather than define a new term.