RE: [RTF] Conceptual Management Model (call for public discussion s)

From: Champion, Mike <Mike.Champion@SoftwareAG-USA.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 08:31:57 -0400
To: "WSA W3C Public (E-mail)" <www-ws-arch@w3c.org>

A couple of questions ... First, what's the difference between a "conceptual
management model" and a "reference architecture."  Is this just re-stating
some other requirement in a different way?

Also, is there some well-established body of theory or practice that we
could draw on to define a "conceptual management model" for web services
components and instances?  I'm leery of doing computer science (or
management science) by committee; I think W3C WGs are most effective when
they sort out the most or less arbitrary differences among established
practices than when they try to break new ground.