[RTF] Conceptual Management Model (call for public discussions)

From: Hao He <Hao.He@thomson.com.au>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 15:39:42 +1000
To: "WSA W3C Public (E-mail)" <www-ws-arch@w3c.org>
hi,

The RTF wants people's view on the following issue:

Do we need a Conceptual Management Model in the requirement document?

I proposed the following two items[1] to be added to D-AC18 [2] proposed by
Zula and Heather.

AR018.1.5 Define a standard (conceptual) management model for architectural
components, their dependencies and their lifecycles.

AR018.1.5 Define a standard (conceptual) management model for Web Services
instances,
their dependencies and their lifecycles.

My motivation for suggesting them is that a high-level conceptual management
model can
1) help ensure a WS architecture and service manageable;
2) be a standard starting point for future work on WS management;
3) unify metrics, management operations, and events as outlined in AR018.1
and AR018.2[2];
4) help the deployment of a WS.

Any thoughts and comments on this issue would be appreciated.

Hao

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-arch/2002Jun/0138.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-arch/2002Jun/0116.html