RE: Goals for asych messaging / orchestration ? (was RE: Thinking abo ut Web Services Architecture)

From: Champion, Mike <Mike.Champion@SoftwareAG-USA.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 12:59:19 -0700
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org

Reviewing the draft requirements, D-AG004 is more or less consistent with
what I had in mind: " ...does not preclude any programming model nor assume
any particular model of communication".  I didn't see that the first time
through because it was subordinate to "platform independence", which seems
like a somewhat different goal. You could be platform independent and assume
an RPC programming model / message exchange pattern, and neutral with
respect to programming / communication model and be dependent on platform
features.