RE: Thoughts on AG001 (was RE: Strawman list of goals for WSAWG )

I like the word "conduce", but Roger makes a valid point.

Working from Dave's wording:

> > [AG001-a] provides a complete reference framework that encourages the
> > development of interoperable software products from multiple vendors
> > and provides a defensible basis for conformance and interoperability
> > test suites.

I think that "enables" works here.

Previous renditions of this goal stated that the architecture "ensures" or
"enables" interoperability, and I find this direct correlation of
architecture to interoperability a bit too strong. I don't get the same
level of unease when talking about a "framework that enables the development
of interoperable software products". I think this goal is much more
achievable.

Anne