converntion request

From: Christopher Ferris <chris.ferris@sun.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 08:53:59 -0500
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org
All,

I'm glad to see this great level of discussion
of our goals.

To ensure that we can easily track our discussions
around goals and eventiually csf & req'ts gathering. I would
request that we adopt a convention for the subject line
that cites the number of the goal/csf/req't.

e.g.

AG001 - yadda yadda

The 'yadda yadda' can be whatever you deem appropriate
such as 'AG001 - what were we thinking?', but it will
certainly help the editors (and me:) in tracking the
discussion around each topic.

For new items that haven't been assigned a number,
I would suggest that we each adopt our own numbering
sequence and use that to assign new items a temporary
number.

e.g.

AGCBF1
AGCBF2

which the editors can reassign. e.g  "AG035 (was AGCBF1)"
(again, so as to help in chasing email threads).

Please also keep discussion of a given email focused on
a single item so that we don't lose discussion threads behind
misleading subject lines.

Thanks!

Chris