Introduction

From: Austin, Daniel <Austin.D@ic.grainger.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 09:43:22 -0600
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org
cc: "'w3c-ws-arch@w3c.org'" <w3c-ws-arch@w3c.org>, "Carroll, Tom" <Carroll.T@ic.grainger.com>
Greetings,

	I'll be representing W. W. Grainger, Inc. to the Web Services
Architecture Working Group, and my alternate is Tom Carroll. I've just
recently joined Grainger, so I can't say much about it (yet).

	As for myself, my own background is in physics and mathematics, and
I've been involved with the WWW since 1992 when I built my first website for
the High Altitude Observatory in Boulder, CO. SInce then I've worked at a
number of Internet companies of which you might have heard, including Yahoo,
CNET, and Ask.com.

	This is my 5th W3C working group, I've been invovled with the HTML
WG since 1996 as well as the XML Core group, the XSL group, and others at
different times. Most recently I chaired a co-ordination group between the
XForms and XML Schema Working Groups that resulted in a modularization of
XML Schema datatypes for small devices (now in Last Cal as part of XForms)
and co-edited the current working draft of "Modularization of XML Schema for
XHTML". I'm looking forward to working with all of you!

Regards,

D-

Dr. Daniel Austin, Sr. Technical Architect
austin.d@ic.grainger.com (847) 793 5044
Visit: http://www.grainger.com

"Sapere Aude!