RE: Hypermedia workflow

Isn't the whole POINT of BPEL (and friends) to have the choreography
exchanged among all parties so that they KNOW what the states and transition
rules are up front, rather than simply having the server tell them what
state they just put the message in?  I can imagine (I think) a RESTful
implementation of a BPEL-like system, but this doesn't look like one.

I don't see anything in that quote from Dr. Fielding to imply that the rules
can't be shared, only that the engine(s) work off the
resource/representation paradigm.