Re: WSA Properties (was RE: WSA constraints)

On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 10:03:25AM -0700, Champion, Mike wrote:
> I'm hoping we can avoid the normative judgments for now ... the point of the
> exercise IMHO is to *describe* the extremes of a "pure" SOAP/WSDL
> architecture on one hand and a pure REST architecture on the other hand.

Sounds good, but I'll have to defer on contributing to the former.
Whatever list of properties you guys want to start from is fine by me.

> Some of the properties will be the same for both, some will differ.
> "Visibility" (although I'm not happy with the label)

No?  I think it's a perfect label.  Go figure. 8-/

> is certainly one on
> which they differ. We can start with that, but I'd like to get a somewhat
> larger list on the table.   For example, "Performance" was implicitly
> mentioned in the discussion of the quote from Fielding that Chris dug up the
> other day ...

For the REST properties, I'd be happy to go with Roy's list that you
mentioned.  For WSA, as I said, whatever you come up with is fine by me.

> > Sorry for being dense.  I'm sure it was clearer on the call. 8-)
>
> Uhh, no.  We know this is a rathole, and we are as confused as anyone. :-)

8-)