From: David Orchard [mailto:dorchard@bea.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2002 11:17 AM
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org
Subject: RE: "Reliable" web services for Next Big Thing? (was RE: Agenda
for 5 December WSA telcon)

Seems like that there are actually a couple things one would want:

1. In cases where an underlying protocol does not support reliable
messaging, then a layer on top, such as soap header blocks, would provide
reliable messaging.
2. Use of Web Service abstract feature to support mapping a "reliability"
feature to various soap features, protocols, message exchange patterns.

Cheers,
Dave

http://www.markbaker.ca