RE: Champions for Draft-status requirements? / D-AC017

>What wording would you have in mind for "4"

>>There is, I believe, also a 4th characteristic of reliable messaging; the
ability of
>>an application to include the act of sending and receiving a message in
coordinated
>>transactions with other resource managers such as the application's
database. I suppose
>>that this could technically be considered an aspect of 3, but an important
point worthy of
>>mention.

How about:

The ability of a participating web services to coordinate and align their
transaction-related
operations such that they can either commit or roll back updates to their
respective
resources (e.g., application database and transactional objects, persistent
queues, etc.)
used in the end-to-end web service transaction.

There are a couple of issues/considerations here:
1. Peer-to-peer web services interactions is being assumed
2. Definition of a transaction is lacking (e.g., is this atomic transaction
or cohesive transaction?)
3. Are we implying option of using 2PC between participating web services?
4. Not all web services will require such aspects of reliability; however,
complex transaction
   supply chains scenarios are relevant target use cases
5. Participating web services may use different transaction managers/models,
transport
   protocols, which may imply transaction coordination and interoperability
(E.g., wireless
   web service app that interacts with an online web service app which
interacts to
   another online web service).

Zahid Ahmed