From: Champion, Mike [mailto:Mike.Champion@SoftwareAG-USA.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2002 12:32 PM
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org
Subject: Champions for Draft-status requirements?

In the draft of the Requirements doc at
http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-wsa-reqs-20020819
we still have some goals and CSF's with a "D-" in
front of them.  I took an action item to try to
find champions who would look up the discussions
on these and try to guide us to a definite resolution.
You may find that they were resolved, and the
resolution had not made it into the document.

It looks like there are 4 goals with draft status, and
three of those have CSF's with draft status associated
with them: D-AC001, D-AC016, D-AC017, and D-AC018.
Also, AC006 is agreed on, but some of its CSFs are
still in draft status.

It would be nice to have volunteers to take these
on.  I would expect it to take about one hour for each
to dig through the archives, look at the votes and
comments, and propose a sensible resolution.

D-AC001 provides a complete reference framework that encourages the
development of interoperable software products from multiple vendors and
provides a defensible basis for conformance and interoperability test
suites.

D-AC001.1 - Encourage the development of interoperable software products.

D-AC001.1.1 - Ensure that no individual implementor is favored over others.

D-AC001.1.2 - Identify all interfaces and messaging protocols within the
architecture in a standardized way.

D-AC001.2 -Ensures that the development of standards-based technologies
identify conformance in such a way that testing software can be
constructed..

[in this one, the top level goal is agreed on, but it has  some CSF's with
draft status]

AC006 addresses the security of Web services across distributed domains and
platforms.

D-AR006.7 The security framework SHOULD enable key management and key
distribution.

D-AR006.12 The security framework must include Auditing.

D-AR006.13 Where a web service provides security features in line with
AR006, it SHOULD provide the ability to manage that security in a meaningful
way.

D-AC016 examine architectural and technology issues that might prevent
interoperability, and recommend existing standards and technologies where
available.

D-AR016.4 Formation of WGs to address gaps

D-AR016.4.1 in architectural realm.

D-AR016.4.2 in technological realm.

D-AC017 provides guidance for the development of the Web services
infrastructure needed to implement common business functions in a
standards-based environment.

D-AR017.1 The Web services Architecture must support common business
functions, to the extent that those functions are defined in similar
methodologies such as EDI.

D-AR017.2 The Web services Architecture must support reliable messaging and
routing.

D-AR017.3 The Web services Architecture must support unique message IDs and
message sequencing.

D-AR017.4 The Web services Architecture must support reliable transaction
processing.

D-AC018 The Web Services Architecture must enable the management and
provisioning of Web Services

[None of the CSF's have draft status]