Re: Proposal re REST and Arch doc

On Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 03:05:18PM -0400, David W. Levine wrote:
> Just to be difficult.. Well, no, actually, not just to be difficult.
>
> One of the problems implicit in doing some of this is that what one really
> ought to be doing is comparing against a skinned down version of Roy's thesis,
> extended and reanalyzed for issues beyond hypertext.

"issues beyond hypertext" is begging the question.  You're assuming
that hypertext is not a suitable form of solution for Web services.
I say it is.  Nah nah. 8-)

So no, we shouldn't be comparing with a lesser version of Roy's thesis,
because his thesis is the best description of the Web that exists today,
and our charter says we have to integrate cleanly with the architecture
of the Web.

I suggest we should ask the TAG what weight we should be giving to Roy's
dissertation in determining how well we're doing wrt Web architecture.