Proposal re REST and Arch doc

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 13:15:28 -0400
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org

Hi all,

Something occurred to me recently, that might help to expedite our work.

I've pretty much given up trying to convince the WG that the current
path for a Web services architecture is doomed, and that REST is all
you need.  So how about we include a section in the Arch Doc titled
"Deviations from REST" where we document how Web services part ways
with the Web/REST?

This way, at least we'd be documenting where there might be tension in
integrating the two, independant of whether or not you believe one or
the other is the way forward.

Thanks.