Never Mind Previous Post

Sorry, didn't mean to re-post.  Our email system is having indigestion at
the moment and it is getting me confused.

-----Original Message-----
From: Cutler, Roger (RogerCutler) [mailto:RogerCutler@ChevronTexaco.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2002 10:27 AM
To: 'www-ws-arch@w3.org'
Subject: Re: Web service definition

Since we are once again talking about the definition of web services, may I
once again express my reservations about using the word "artifacts".  If
this has any highly specific technical meaning I am unaware of it, and just
taking the "good old English" definition of the word I believe that it is
inappropriate in this context.  Look it up -- you will find phrases like
"especially of primitive human workmanship" and "structure ... due to death
... not present during life".  Or, in more technical definitions, "A defect
or distortion of the image ...".  In other words, it always seems to carry
the connotation of being either a remnant or a mistake.  I don't think that
this is appropriate.

Could we possibly use the word "message"?  If that is not OK, why not?
Perhaps the answer to that would suggest something less confusing than
"artifact".