RE: Choreography and the Semantic Web

Uhh, you certainly can have a SOAP/WSDL web service that returns the current
temperature at some location, and have it return with a SOAP message that
says "the termperature is 33 degrees celsius."  The difference is that the
SOAP/WSDL does this by reference to hard-coded semantics ... the designers,
producers, and consumers of the service "just know" what temperature,
degrees, celsius, etc. "mean" and this is reflected in program code
Presumably RDF could reference or encode an ontology that knows what these
terms mean, and they could be extended or tweaked without re-writing any
program code.