Re: Choreography and REST

Paul Prescod wrote:

<snip/>
> I claim that if Web Services people presumed a writable Web was
> available to all services, and thought throough the implications of
> that, the idea of a choreography language would not even occur to us.

> CORBA obviously is not REST but I would be curious to hear whether CORBA
> people feel they need a "choreography language". If so, I'm no familiar
> with it. Why isn't this a central part of CORBA? Because CORBA presumes
> a shared writable (object) information space.
<snip/>

Actually, the OMG (aka CORBA people) do feel they need a "choreography
language". It's called EDOC[1]. It is needed for many of the same reasons
as Geoff cites in one of his responses to this thread (e.g. the trend
towards public v private semantics).

Cheers,

Christopher Ferris
email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com