Re: A viewpoint on harvesting REST

I'm hoping that this development and the Soap GET binding is setting up
a vector for Soap that allows it to include the existing web and allows
a spectrum of interoperability beginning with a priori message level
communication with simple Soap messages bound to the existing web and
incrementally extending to higher levels of Soap header and content
integration.

Soap must give designers the ability to make interop tradeoffs at the
message level. It must also provide the metadata needed to make these
messages as machine friendly as possible. Implementors can then decide
how generic or specific an API to use at the app/message boundary.

One important aspect of this is architectural support for dynamically
generated URIs. This is an important element of the web and the Soap
architecture must figure out how to provide first class support for it
rather than ignoring it.