Re: Web Services Architecture Requirements 23 April 2002

From: Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 08:55:04 -0400
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org
Hi Joe.

* Joseph Hui <jhui@digisle.net> [2002-04-24 15:44-0700]
>    * There should be the addition of D-AR6010:
>
>      The description of a web service SHOULD include security policy.
>
>      [I'd think there should be a similar requirement for Privacy,
>       e.g. "The description of a web service SHOULD [or MAY?]
>       include privacy policy."  I'll defer this to Hugo the Privacy
>       champion though.]

For privacy, I think this is covered by:

          D-AR2001 It must be possible to advertise privacy policies for
          Web Services.

An editorial remark: there is no ID to point to the various goals,
CSFs, requirements, etc. I don't think that this is a show stopper for
this round of publication, but it should be possible to point
spocifically to each one of those. Obviously, if this is trivial to
fix (with a script or a function of an XML editor), please go ahead
now. Thank you.

Regards,

Hugo

--