RE: Web Services Architecture Requirements 23 April 2002

I'm not sure to what extent we have factored in the latest
WS-Security specification and WS-Security Roadmap document
that IBM, Microsoft, and Verisign recently published.

See:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnglobspec/
html/ws-security.asp

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnwssecur/h
tml/securitywhitepaper.asp

E.g., w.r.t.

>The description of a web service SHOULD include security policy.

There is discussion of a future WS-Policy specification, among
a range of additional security extensions.

thanks,
Zahid Ahmed
Security Architect
Commerce One, Inc.