Re: A priori CSF

Anne,

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 06:04:14PM -0400, Anne Thomas Manes wrote:
> I think I need a little more detail. I'm a bit baffled by the "generic
> language" term.

Yah, sorry about bringing that up.  It's just a term I use in my own
head, and was not intended for public consumption. 8-)

Let's just go with "base interface", i.e.

interface WebService
{
// some common methods go here
}

so that people can logically do;

interface MyWebService extends WebService
{
// methods specific to MyWebService go here
}

> Ruminating on the topic, (I realize that I'm diving into solution rather
> than staying at requirements) we could define a convention such that if you
> request an unqualified GET from the URL (without submitting necessary input
> a la REST), you will receive its service description.

I've mentioned WSDL-over-GET before here, so yes, I believe it's quite
important.  I also expect a GET-like method to be part of this base
interface.  But I think we can go further with this interface than just
grabbing some WSDL.