RE: D-AG0019 [RE: D-AG0007.1- defining reliable and stable WS ]

Hi Hugo,

I was struggling to say in my earlier message what you said so explicitly in
the last para:
"The question is how that will be supported by other protocols, e.g. if
my service is identified by the <mailto:myservice@mydomain.example>."

And you further say
"This is why I think that we should recommend such practices, when
applicable (in HTTP's case, it definitely is)."

I agree. I further think that "such practices" would actually be reliability
protocols/techniques that we would provide as part of the reliability
facet/aspect of the WS architecture.
I am a bit hesitant in making all such protocols REQUIRED for all WS
implementations, though. I think even WS implementation without any
significant reliability would also find clients (e.g., weather services?)
and thus have a right to exist. May be we need to insist on making all
implementations reliable to a certain degree. I don't know enough to say
either way at this point.

Regards,
-Suresh