Summary D-AG0019- reliable, stable, predictably evolvable WS

From: Damodaran, Suresh <Suresh_Damodaran@stercomm.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 15:10:29 -0600
To: "'www-ws-arch@w3.org'" <www-ws-arch@w3.org>

I understand there are some questions as to whether this goal is
really a goal or not. I am hopeful this summary might help to resolve that
debate.

Goal:
"[To develop a standard reference architecture that supports ]reliable,
stable, and predictably evolvable web services" [1]

[Note: I am in favor of dropping "predictable" as a qualifier for
"evolvable" - I don't know what that means for a WS]

CSFs:

CSF 1. Web Services created using WSA can be reliably selected, accessed,
and executed.

CSF 2. Web Services created using WSA can be implemented such that they are
stable with respect to their definitions.

CSF 3. Web Services created using WSA may be evolved/extended while
maintaining their reliability and stability.

Requirements:
[1] & [2] have some as well as pointers to earlier email discussions on the
topic by Mark, Hugo, Hao, and I.

[1]  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-arch/2002Mar/0437.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-arch/2002Mar/0383.html