Re: Some folks are very well informed ...

From: <ewallace@cme.nist.gov>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 12:02:31 -0500 (EST)
To: www-webont-wg@w3.org

Bernard Vatant noted:

>http://www.it-director.com/article.php?articleid=11789
>
>Quote (sic)
>
>"Now, the Web Ontology Language is an OMG (Object Management Group)
>standard and, in practice, it is an extension to UML. This gives the
>clue to how you create an ontology: you model it."
>
>There is a comment box at the end of the article, if you feel like it ;-)

I have submitted a rather dry comment correcting the attribution for OWL
and denying the assertion that OWL is an "extension to UML."  Comments to
the site are moderated.  Last I checked, none had yet appeared on this
article's webpage.

Has anyone seen this kind of confusion anywhere else with respect to OMG's
relationship to OWL?  This article is the first hint of any that I have
had.

-Evan