Re: So Long and thanks for all the fish (spec maintenance, new versions)

Dan Connolly wrote:

>>  with webont coming to an official end, is there a mechanism for an
>>evolution to happen?
>

> Yes; it's basically the same mechanism that got the OWL work started
> in the first place: The Director proposes new work (in an Activity
> Proposal); the Advisory Committee reviews it, and The Director
> decides based on the review feedback.
>
> Points 1 and 2 in this summary are pretty good
> http://www.w3.org/2004/02/Process-20040205/intro.html#Intro

I think the key point at this stage is
"People generate interest in a particular topic"
Personally, I suspect OWL 1.0 needs a fair bit of deployment experience
before anyone can say what OWL 2.0 should be like. But I suppose in
SWBPDWG or elsewhere we may end up adding to the postponed issues with
OWL, and adding to our knowledge of how to address these, sufficiently
to make OWL 2.0 worthwhile.

Jeremy