W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-webont-wg@w3.org > January 2004

RE: please review staging drafts

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 18:10:16 +0100
To: "Martin Duerst" <duerst@w3.org>, "Jeremy Carroll" <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, "Sandro Hawke" <sandro@w3.org>, "Ian Horrocks" <horrocks@cs.man.ac.uk>
Cc: <www-webont-wg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <BHEGLCKMOHGLGNOKPGHDOEKBCCAA.jjc@hpl.hp.com>


Sandro's in charge of that sort of change - I leave it as his call.

I used the numeric refs when the doc was being served as ISO-whatever ...

Jeremy

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Martin Duerst [mailto:duerst@w3.org]
> Sent: 29 January 2004 17:58
> To: Jeremy Carroll; Sandro Hawke; Ian Horrocks
> Cc: www-webont-wg@w3.org
> Subject: RE: please review staging drafts
>
>
> Hello Jeremy,
>
> The Japanese shows without problems. But that's not due to the
> fact that the encoding is correct, it's due to the fact that
> the source uses numeric character references. This is a pity
> because the file is served as UTF-8, and so the characters
> could be represented directly. I hope you can fix this,
> I can help you.
>
> Regards,    Martin.
>
>
>      &lt;first:ShakespearePlay rdf:ID="Romeo-and-Juliet"&gt;
>
>        &lt;rdfs:label xml:lang="en"&gt;Romeo and Juliet&lt;/rdfs:label&gt;
>        &lt;rdfs:comment xml:lang="en"&gt;The Most Excellent and
> Lamentable
> Tragedy
>            of Romeo and Juliet.&lt;/rdfs:comment&gt;
>        &lt;rdfs:label xml:lang="it"&gt;Romeo e
> Giulietta&lt;/rdfs:label&gt;
>        &lt;rdfs:comment xml:lang="it"&gt;La tragedia di Romeo e
> Giulietta&lt;/rdfs:comment&gt;
>
>        &lt;rdfs:label rdf:parseType="Literal"
>            &gt;&lt;span
> xml:lang="ja"&gt;&#12525;&#12511;&#12458;&#12392;&#12472;&#12517;&
> #12522;&#1
> 2456;&#12483;&#12488;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/rdfs:label&gt;
>        &lt;rdfs:comment rdf:parseType="Literal"
>            &gt;&lt;span
> xml:lang="ja"&gt;&#12525;&#12511;&#12458;&#12392;&#12472;&#12517;&
> #12522;&#1
> 2456;&#12483;&#12488;&#12398;&lt;ruby&gt;&lt;rbc&gt;&lt;rb&gt;&#24
> 754;&lt;/r
> b&gt;&lt;rb&gt;&#21127;&lt;/rb&gt;&lt;/rbc&gt;
>
>
> &lt;rtc&gt;&lt;rt&gt;&#12402;&lt;/rt&gt;&lt;rt&gt;&#12370;&#12365;
> &lt;rtc&gt;&lt;rt&gt;&#12402;&lt;/rt&gt;&lt;rt&gt;&#12370;&#12365;
> &lt;/rt&gt;
> &lt;/rtc&gt;&lt;/ruby&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/rdfs:comment&gt;
>      &lt;/first:ShakespearePlay&gt;
>
>
> At 17:07 04/01/29 +0100, Jeremy Carroll wrote:
>
> >I was anxious concerning the test misc-201, with the Japanese
> characters in
> >it. You have changed the encoding, I assume in a way that works, but it
> >would be good to have someone proof read who can understand Japanese.
> >
> >http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/TR/STAGE-owl-test/misc-200-xmlli
teral#misce
>llaneous-201
>
>(cc-ing Martin D・st ...)
>
>Jeremy
>
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: www-webont-wg-request@w3.org
> > [mailto:www-webont-wg-request@w3.org]On Behalf Of Sandro Hawke
> > Sent: 29 January 2004 16:53
> > To: Ian Horrocks
> > Cc: www-webont-wg@w3.org
> > Subject: Re: please review staging drafts
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > One funny in owl-semantics-semantics-all.html - the table
> > > "Characteristics of OWL classes, datatypes, and properties" in Section
> > > 5 is showing some non-existent differences. This doesn't show up in
> > > the compound document version, and I assume it is just a minor glitch
in
> > > the comparison (maybe white space or something).
> >
> > In case you're curious: it's showing an encoding change, from the
> > single character at code point 215 to the character string "&#215;",
> > which should have the same affect on browsers, but is independent of
> > the encoding of the document.  ("tidy" with the "-n" option does this
> > transformation.)  On some of the documents I used that approach; then
> > I switched to using UTF-8 via "iconv".
> >
> > > Of course we are still engaged in a debate about some minor changes
> > > requested by Herman and Jeremy, but I hope that this will be resolved
> > > in this evening's teleconf.
> >
> > Yep.
> >
> >     -- sandro
> >
> >
Received on Thursday, 29 January 2004 12:14:34 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:03 GMT