minutes: - Telecon - February 26, 2004 for review

On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 06:40, Jim Hendler wrote:
> AGENDA  Teleconference Web Ontology Working Group
> February 26 ,2004: 1200 (East US), 0900 (West US). 1700 (London)
> Duration: 60 min
> IRC Chat: irc:irc.w3.org (port 6665), #webont

log:
 http://www.w3.org/2004/02/26-webont-irc
 (missing some early bits)

> Chair:  Hendler
Scribe: Connolly

> 1.0 Admin
>
> Role Call

Present:
Attendees were Mike_Dean, Evan_Wallace, DanC, ChrisW, JHendler,
Francois, Sandro, JosD, jeremy

regrets: deborah mcguinness, Sean Bechhofer, Jeff Heflin

> Next Call:  March 11

so RESOLVED.

> Chair:  Guus
> Scribe: TBD
>
> Approve minutes of Jan 29
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2004Jan/0107.html

so RESOLVED.

> Action review: There are no outstanding actions

noted.

> 2.0 OWL is Rec (Woohoo)
>   2.1 thanks for testimonials

noted.
http://www.w3.org/2004/01/sws-testimonial

>   2.2 Updates to owl-news requested

W3C indexes news at
  http://www.w3.org/Press/Articles-2004.html#Feb

DanC: We've attempted to formalize the metadata there a few
times, but haven't gotten over the hump. Volunteers
to help would be welcome.

Jim is keeping a member-confidential supplement
  http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/owl-news.html

JimH: http://www.w3.org/2004/OWL/ is brewing into a home page for OWL
  ... http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/ will remain a WG page, with
  diminishing activity

JimH: I'd like to develop an OWL logo too...

Jos asked if the Test results page will be kept up
Sandro: hmm... good question...
...  I expect to do something relevant, but I'm not sure about that
page in particular... hmm... stuff like semwebcentral is likely
to mix in

>   2.2 Celebration at TP

JimH: details still emerging...
... hotel is expensive...
... we're thinking about Wed or Thu pm
... find me or Guus

> 3.0 W3C news: Semantic Web Activity renewal announced

A new Semantic Web Best Practices and Deployment Working Group
 is chartered thru January 2006.
    http://www.w3.org/2003/12/swa/swbpd-charter
 The chair is Guus Schreiber <schreiber@cs.vu.nl>.

Sandro: I expect to help Ralph with SWBPDWG
Chris: I helped with the charter

A new RDF Data Access Working Group is chartered thru January 2006.
   http://www.w3.org/2003/12/swa/dawg-charter
 The chair is Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>.

DanC: This is the result of "RDF Query" charter discussion;
  "Data Access" name emphasizes the protocols aspect.
  Discussion of rules WG didn't converge in time for Jan 2004
  activity proposal. Perhaps later this year.

home page of DAWG is http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/

the Semantic Web Interest Group (formerly: RDF IG) charter
   http://www.w3.org/2003/12/swa/swig-charter

> 4.0 Tech Plenary - anything to prep?

JimH: we now know for sure WebOnt WG isn't meeting there.

ChrisW: now that we're at REC, what does the WG do?

JimH: just stand by, mostly
... track errata

DanC: some groups write a charter for the next version; I'd rather not
do that.
... but we can also look at our postponed issues and explitly hand them
to other groups

Jeremy: we're chartered thru when?
DanC: May 2004

JimH: we're thinking telcons every 2 weeks or so, but don't be surprised
if they get cancelled.

DanC: any other thoughs on next versions?
Evan: seems to make sense to do Best Practices work for a while before
new versions.
[several concur]

> 5.0  Any issues with the language?

JimH: the webont-comments traffic is mostly not directly relevant to the
text of the specs

JimH: there was one about constraining members of a collection...

DanC: I thought we put something in OWL-reference about that.

ACTION JimH: respond to Stephan Fellah ...

> 6.0 Any other business?

There was none.

see you at the W3C Tech Plenary in Cannes 1-5 Mar 2003?