Concerning annotation properties

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 15:36:59 +0300
To: www-webont-wg@w3.org

I wonder whether S&AS CR accurately reflects the issue resolution of OWL DL
Syntax, and whether it is in need of a minor correction.

My concern is with the following two rules in the abstract syntax, (and their
associated mapping rules etc).

directive ::= ...
         | 'Annotation(' annotationPropertyID URIreference ')'

annotation ::= 'annotation(' annotationPropertyID URIreference ')'

As far as I can tell the agreed restriciton that
"types required on all non-builtin urirefs"
is not effective in this case.

I note that the issue resolution

explicitly requires this
A.1 types required on all non-builtin urirefs
A.3 object of annotation property can be any uriref (see 1) or literal
     or blank node [xsd datatypes are builtins]

The "(see 1)" being the explicit requirement.

I have added test AnnotationProperty-003 as a proposed test which currently
reflects my understanding of the issue resolution and not my understanding of
the OWL CR.  (included below)

I will modify as require by WG resolution.

The following is a consistent OWL Full file.

  <owl:Class rdf:ID="A">
       <rdf:Description rdf:ID="B"/>
  <owl:AnnotationProperty rdf:ID="ap"/>