Re: More tests

From: Jos De_Roo <jos.deroo@agfa.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 00:36:04 +0200
To: Ian Horrocks <horrocks@cs.man.ac.uk>
Cc: www-webont-wg@w3.org

> One type of test that we are missing is small tests that, while
> potentially easy may prove difficult for some naive implementations.
> Attached is an example of such a test. The "TEST" class, and hence the
> ontology, is inconsistent. I would like to add several of these kinds
> of test to the test suite.
>
> I would be interested to hear how the various implementations fare on
> this test (FaCT can pass it in about 10ms, not including parsing).

We fare well and it takes only a few 10ms
but I'm not happy with our current implementation
and I'm getting less and less convinced about the
utility of owl:complementOf as each day passes;
it is also remarkable that it is not used in galen.owl
and in wine.owl and only once in food.owl namely
[[
  <owl:Class rdf:ID="NonConsumableThing">
    <owl:complementOf rdf:resource="#ConsumableThing" />
  </owl:Class>
]]
but then NonConsumableThing is not used any further...