Semantic layering bug (not again!)

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 13:39:38 +0300
To: www-webont-wg@w3.org

While doing the action concerning adding tests exhbiting the change agreed
concerning owl:Ontology I noted that there is a further bug on semantic

We agreed:

 RESOLVED: to close the layering issue (5.3) as described in Consensus on
semantic layering, with the change that KB large-OWL-entails C if
KB-fast-OWL-entails C (but not only if -- Large OWL is now known as Owl Full,
Fast Owl is now known as OWL DL).

Unfortunately the following test contradicts that (also visisble in new tests
Ontology-002, and Ontology-003).

_:a rdf:type owl:Ontology .

I think this is an OWL Lite entailment but an OWL Full non-entailment.
Technically this follows from the decision we made to make such triples
optional - I do not think making them compulsory would be the right fix.