Re: Fwd: OWL Test Cases and Species Validation

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 14:48:51 +0300
To: www-webont-wg@w3.org

Proposed response to Michael Grove
(Note the current editors draft of imports-011 still has a known bug, it will
be updated before the response is sent to Michael).

The test file

is in OWL Full because the URIref node

is the subject of a triple (the owl:imports triple), but has not been given
a type.

To further clarify this we have added a new test imports-011 which is similar
to imports-001 but with the missing triple. Hence
 is in Lite not Full.
(See the editors draft:

The file is in OWL DL not OWL Lite.

An analysis of sections 2 and 4 of S&AS shows that in OWL Lite there are no
blank nodes with explicit type owl:Class, except those which also have
explicit type owl:Restriction

This is echoed in OWL Reference:
Sec. 8.3 of Reference also contains the following constraint on OWL Lite
(see just below the intersectionOf bullet):

* the object of rdf:type triples be named classes or restrictions;

To further clarify we will add the following statement concerning OWL Lite to
sec 8.3 of reference.
Blank nodes representing classes should be of type owl:Restriction.

Thanks very much for this feedback, please send more.

Please respond, copying public-webont-comments@w3.org, indicating if you
withdraw the comment that tests
are incorrect. Please also indicate whether you are satisfied that the changes
we are making adequately address your difficulties.

Jeremy Carroll