Re: proposal to approve tests

From: Ian Horrocks <horrocks@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 18:02:06 +0000
To: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Cc: www-webont-wg@w3.org

On October 29, Jeremy Carroll writes:

> This weeks proposal for test approvals:
>

> Omitting
> AnnotationProperty-003    - resolution this week?
> I5.8-016                          - ditto
>
> Propose approve following tests:
>
> Twice passed proposed:
>
> Restriction-005
> description-logic-663
> Thing-001       (unless Ian wants us to hold off still)

I do. I would like to change the semantics of OWL DL/Lite so that it
requires the domain to be non-empty. According to my reading of the
OWL Full and RDF semantics, this should already be the case for OWL
Full, and so as well as being more consistent with standard DL and FO
semantics, it would also fix a mis-match between DL/Lite and Full
semantics.

I will ask Jim to add a suitable agenda item for tomorrow's telecon.

Ian