Re: Analyzing OWL problems in some projects

On Mon, 2003-10-20 at 16:31, Jonathan Borden wrote:
> Jim Hendler wrote:
>
> > ...We have found a number of problems of various kinds, but one that
> > seems to come up a lot is people using owl:subclassOf, owl:range, and
> > owl:domain -- I'm not sure if we have a test that actually exposes
> > these -- might be worth creating some to make it more obvious
>
> These sorts of typos are best caught by syntactic validators i.e. XML
> schemas --- the problem is that there isn't one for OWL. Would it be
> helpful to extend the RELAXNG schema for RDF/XML to prevent "extending
> the OWL namespace"?

I think so, yes.

I just did some OWL editing with nxml-mode*
(which comes with a relax-NG schema for RDF) and it ROCKS.
It finds "striping" errors such as missing rdf:subClassOf
between a class element and a restriction element.

OWL/RDF/XML syntax is pretty tedious and nxml-mode
is a *huge* help. The sort of thing you're talking
about seems like it will help even more.

* xmlhack: James Clark unveils a new XML mode for GNU Emacs
http://xmlhack.com/read.php?item=2061