From: "holger_knublauch" <yahoo@knublauch.com>
Subject: [jena-dev] Repost: Question on Species Validator

Hi group,

I already posted the same question at least once and still did not
get a response.  So here it is again... I appreciate your help.

We have integrated the Jena validator into Protege's OWL editor.
Unfortunately, it is not terribly useful in the moment, because it
always returns OWL Full :(

This is because every Protege/OWL ontology by default imports a
system ontology which resides on our server. This defines a couple
of annotation properties. An empty ontology looks like:

<rdf:RDF
xmlns:owl="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#">

<owl:Ontology rdf:about="">

<owl:imports
rdf:resource="http://protege.stanford.edu/plugins/owl/protege"/>

</owl:Ontology>

</rdf:RDF>

I can't see any reason why this results in the ontology being
classified as OWL Full. Manchester's OWL Validator [1] states that
it's in OWL Lite, and I would assume they are right.

So why does Jena claim it's OWL full, and why do both groups claim
they pass most of the OWL test cases ;) ?

Cheers,
Holger

[1] http://phoebus.cs.man.ac.uk:9999/OWL/Validator?url=http%3A%2F%
2Fprotege.stanford.edu%2Fplugins%2Fowl%