Re: RDF schema of OWL

Dan Connolly wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 23:22, Guus Schreiber wrote:
> [...]
>
>>> Rationale:
>>> - pointer to WG home page should be sufficient
>

> no, the Working Group is a temporary phenomenon; the ontology
> is defined by the specs, which last much longer. They
> might be maintained by a different working group in the
> future.
>
> I think it's important to cite the dated normative specs,
> and useful to point to the latest version of
> the informative specs.

Given the comments by Jeremy and Dan, I have updated the header of the
RDF schema for OWL in the following way:

[[
<Ontology rdf:about="">
   <imports rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema"/>
   <rdfs:isDefinedBy
rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/PR-owl-semantics-20031209/" />
   <rdfs:isDefinedBy
rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/PR-owl-test-20031209/" />
   <rdfs:isDefinedBy
rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/PR-owl-features-20031209/" />
   <rdfs:comment>This file specifies in RDF Schema format the
]]

So, the schema links to the dated versions of the two normative
documents and the informative overview document.

I can live with changing "isDefinedBy" to "seeAlso", if there are
objections (Peter?).

As I cannot access the DAML site, the draft PR version of the full
schema can be found at

   http://www.cs.vu.nl/~guus/public/owl.rdf

Guus

Tel: +31 20 444 7739/7718