Request to OWL implementors

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 10:21:21 +0000
To: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, yzou1@cs.umbc.edu, "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>, jack.berkowitz@networkinference.com, Dave Reynolds <der@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, www-webont-wg@w3.org
Cc: mhgrove@hotmail.com, bparsia@isis.unc.edu, hendler@cs.umd.edu

(Addressed to, I hope, all implementors who have reported test results)

Thanks for your earlier reports concerning the OWL Test Cases.

We are now wrapping up the test results before, hopefully, moving OWL to
Proposed Recommendation.

A few tests have been added or changed, and we do not yet have enough
reports to support approving them. Please can you run your systems against
these tests and report back.

Options for reporting back include:
1) running the whole test suite and updating your test results, which will
then be picked up automatically.
2) running just these tests and reporting by e-mail with
Pass/Fail/Incomplete ... E-mail can either be in response to this message
(on the webont list or to public-webont-comments@w3.org)

(1 is preferred)

The new and modified tests which we would like you to consider are:

further we were surprised at the lack of results for the following tests,
may be running your system with a larger timeout or similar may resolve
these ones:

(If you succeed on either of the last two, you could try 906, 910 and 907.
All of them require implementation of finiteness. The textual description
of 907 is erroneous, and will be fixed next week some time)

It would be most helpful if you can report back by Wednesday 26th Nov, so
that we can ask the Working Group to approve these tests on Thursday.

thank you

Jeremy Carroll on behalf of Test subgroup of WebOnt WG