Re: MINUES: Teleconference revised Oct 30, 2003.

Small correction, see summary of continued actions below.
Guus

Smith, Michael K wrote:
> [...]
> Note that Thing-001 is not part of this proposal.
> APPROVED by consensus
>
> B.2 Datatype triple proposal in
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Oct/0153.html
> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Oct/0153.html>
> APPROVED by consensus.
>
> B.1 URIs as annotations.
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Oct/0153.html
> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Oct/0153.html>
> URI's used as object of annotation property do not need to be typed.
> APPROVED by consensus.
>
> 4.2 Proposed change to OWL DL Semantics (Ian)
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Oct/0167.html
> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Oct/0167.html>
> Thing must be non-empty.
> APPROVED by consensus.  Jeremy Carroll abstained.
>
> RDF Concepts document.  Reviewed by Jim Hendler.
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Oct/0172.html
> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Oct/0172.html>
> Proposal to submit to RDF
> APPROVED by consensus
>
> DONE:
> ACTION Jim: review LC2 RDF Concepts
> ACTION MikeD: see whether DAML can provide some support for OWL
>        outreach DAML PI meeting discussed open source sem web site
>        focused on tools. Ontology library as part?
> ACTION jjc: update test spec with approvals
> ACTION IanH: to write up proposal/rationale for change in
>        semantics of ontology consistency
> ACTION jjc: Update tests Ontology-002, Ontology-003
> ACTION DanC: ask Evan Wallace to participate in WebOnt review of QA OPS
> guidelines
>        http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Sep/0216.html
> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Sep/0216.html>

> CONTINUED:
> ACTION DanC: turn Ian's reviews into test cases
> ACTION Guus: review LC2 RDF schema when it comes
> ACTION Herman: to review RDF semantics doc
> ACTION jimH: ask mindswap for review of Sean's doc
> ACTION guus: ask peter for review of Shawn B. document.
> ACTION jjc: review sean's document
> ACTION Guus: see whether ontoweb can provide some support for OWL outreach
> ACTION ChrisW: to write up draft of working group position on OMG
>        ontology metamodel definition in general and on OKBC in particular
> ACTION Guus: to comment on naturalness of mapping from OWL to UML
> ACTION Jos: make additional query-style tests
> ACTION JimH: to reply to comment on allDisjoint
> ACTION Sandro: Report reasoning status re useful subsets of OWLFull
> ACTION Jeremy: to talk to Jena team about Full subset implementations
> ACTION Jim: to talk to Pellet team about Full subset implementations
> ACTION DanC: arrange for redirect (of old versions of Guide)
> ACTION Guus: to send reply to Brickley's owl:Class/rdfs:Class comment
> ACTION Jeremy: to add a new test that highlights one of the issues in

Add (see item 7 below):

ACTION Evan W. and Jeremy C.  Do review per Jeremy's msg (Sep 0126).
Expect completion by Nov 27.

> [...]

> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Oct/0172.html>
>
> Proposal to submit.
> APPROVED by consensus
>
> RDF Schema review.
> NEW ACTION Guus to complete review and send post Mike D. review
> NEW ACTION Mike Dean to check review.
>
> Discussion.
>
> Dan C.  How do we update RDF citatations in editors documents?
> Consensus seems to be to publish 2-7 days after RDF, with a
> simultaneous announcement.  Be prepared to update to the RDF last call
> documents.
>
> NEW ACTION Guus S.  Put on agenda of semantic web coordination group.
>
> 6. WG Technical report
>    Sean's Document
>
> NEW ACTION Sean to format according to W3C.
>
> Expect approval of publicaton at Nov 27 meeting.
> With publication expected after moratoriam, Nov 30.
>
> 7. QA review
>
> QA Group asked for review of their documents (Operational Guidelines)
> with emphasis on their checklists re working groups document
> production.  See Jeremy's msg of 9/12.
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Sep/0126.html
> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Sep/0126.html>
>
> ACTION Evan W. and Jeremy C.  Do review per Jeremy's msg.
> Continued.  Expect completion by Nov 27.
>
> This was based on the action below, from the Sep 18 minutes.
>
> ACTION DanC: ask Evan Wallace to participate in WebOnt review of QA OPS
> guidelines
>        http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Sep/0216.html
> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Sep/0216.html>
> Done
>

> 8. Outreach
>
> Guus S. - Organized meeting at ISWC lunch.  Everyone mentioned OWL.
> ISWC had more people than expected (450).
>
> Semantic Web Challenge. 10 submissions.  Light weight ontologies, with
> large vocabularies.  FrameNet (WordNet related) -> OWL.
>
> DanC - Notes from the BOF Guus organized at ISWC
> http://rdfig.xmlhack.com/2003/10/21/2003-10-21.html#1066757340.001521
> <http://rdfig.xmlhack.com/2003/10/21/2003-10-21.html#1066757340.001521>
>
> <DanCon> http://esw.w3.org/topic/PartWhole
> <http://esw.w3.org/topic/PartWhole>
>

> Semantic Web Coord. Group - asked Guus for proposal for new WG on Sem.
> Web Best Practices.
>
> NEW ACTION Guus - Initiate discussion of what we expect of an ontology
> library/directory at a W3C site.
>
> Chris W. - Begun part whole ontology Wiki.  Will send pointer to WG.
> See http://esw.w3.org/topic/PartWhole <http://esw.w3.org/topic/PartWhole>
>
> Ontoweb Special interest group.  Organized by Frank VanH.
> http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/%7Ehorrocks/OntoWeb/SIG/node10.html
> <http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/%7Ehorrocks/OntoWeb/SIG/node10.html>
>
> Mike D. - DAML PI - Mark Greaves.  Plans an updated web site with
> focus on open source tools.  'OWL Forge'.  Timeline - up by beginning
> of 2004.  Persistence to be determined.  (Sandro - W3C talking to Mark

Tel: +31 20 444 7739/7718
E-mail: schreiber@cs.vu.nl
Home page: http://www.cs.vu.nl/~guus/