Re: SEM: common class concept

From: Jos De_Roo <jos.deroo@agfa.com>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 14:04:01 +0200
To: "Jos De_Roo" <jos.deroo@agfa.com>
Cc: www-webont-wg@w3.org, www-webont-wg-request@w3.org

I could see it better when a DL reasoner *finds* the
given classes and things separated that it could do
decidable reasoning. There is no point in trying to
have an absolute owl:Class and owl:Thing as someone
could come along and declare a class as instance and
as such destroy that absolute separation.
I think DL is question of implementation.

                    De_Roo/AMDUS/MOR/Agfa-NV/BE/       To:     www-webont-wg@w3.org
                    BAYER@AGFA                         cc:
                    Sent by:                           Subject:     SEM: common class concept

Something that is an owl:Class is apparently *not*
an owl:Thing in OWL DL, whereas it *is* in OWL Full:

  ex:x rdf:type owl:Class.
  ex:x rdf:type owl:Thing.

I'm not seeing it anymore when trying to interoperate
with DL unless there's a clear common class concept