W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-webont-wg@w3.org > May 2003

Minutes - WebOnt Telecon May 22, 2003

From: (wrong string) çois BAGET <Jean-Francois.Baget@inrialpes.fr>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 09:56:31 +0200
To: <www-webont-wg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <000001c32425$7c4eba30$5e16c7c2@festino>

Dear Guus,

Here is what I scribed during yesterday telecon. Will you post it to the
mailing list or shall I do it?

I did not catch the name for the proposed action:

ACTION: Clarify "Class description" in Reference XXX? //Missed the name
here

Do you have any hint?

Greetings,

Jean-François Baget

------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------

AGENDA  Teleconference Web Ontology Working Group
May 22, 1200 (East US), 0900 (West US). 1700 (London), 1800 (Budapest)
Duration: 50 min (the shortest meeting in the group history!)

Bridge: +1.617.761.6200 then 9326#.
IRC Chat: irc:irc.w3.org (port 6665), #webont

1. Administrivia

Chair: Guus Schreiber
Scribe: Jean-François Baget

Role Call

PRESENT (9): Guus Schreiber, Jean-François Baget, Jeff Heflin, Mike
Smith, Masahiro Hori, Jos De Roo, Ziv Hellman, Leo Obrst, Christopher
Welty

REGRETS: Yasser alSafadi, John Stanton, Deborah McGuinness, Charles
White, Sean Bechhofer, Ian Horrocks, Nick Gibbins, Mike Dean, Sandro
Hawke, Peter F. Patel-Schneider, Hermann Ter Horst, Jerome Euzenat.

NOTE: Few member present, due to WWW 2003 (Budapest)

Approve Minutes of May 15:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003May/0271.html
APPROVED

Next telecon: May 29, chair Hendler, scribe Hawke (to be confirmed)
CONFIRMED

2. Action item review

ACTION: Jim Hendler to report back on implementation feedback.
CONTINUED

ACTION: Dan Connolly to create a test for imports
DONE

ACTION: Jim Hendler and Dan Connolly to compose a response to the LC
comment on local and compound keys.
CONTINUED

ACTION: Peter Patel-Schneider to work on proof for issue 5.26 B1,B2
CONTINUED

ACTION: Dan Connolly publish XML syntax
CONTINUED

ACTION: Peter Patel-Schneider and Jeremy Carroll to discuss solutions to
bugs in RDF Semantics in Budapest
CONTINUED

ACTION: Jeremy Carroll to make changes to test document concerning
datatypes, as discussed
CONTINUED

ACTION: Pat Hayes and Ian Horrocks will review changes
DONE

ACTION: Peter Patel-Schneider to design test that shows effects of
recent proposed changes to RDF datatyping and sent to Jeremy Carroll
DONE

ACTION: Sandro Hawke to do publishing of Test
CONTINUED

ACTION: Jim Hendler respond to XMLLiteral response
DONE

3. LC comments

Overview of general comments:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003May/0280.html

3.1 Proposed response to Golbeck's comment on owl:imports (Heflin):
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003May/0301.html

Discussion on Jeff Heflin rewording proposal for Guide and Reference. Is
there a need to reopen that issue?

Jeff will CONTINUE his work on imports.
ACTION: Mike Smith and Guus Schreiber will review  proposed changes to
Guide and Reference for next telecom.

Discussion: Huge ontology in a single file seem manageable for reasoning
purposes, what about numerous interrelated ontologies?

Discussion: Closure and cycles in imports

ACTION: Jeff will post proposed response
ACTION: Mike Smith will pdate issue list 5.06

3.2 RDFCore: NP completeness of owl/RDF mapping
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webont-comments/2003May/0052.
html

Description of the problem with possible fixes (Carroll):
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Apr/0003.html
Response by Patel-Scheider:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Apr/0004.html

NOT DISCUSSED

3.3 RDFCore: owl:class not needed?
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webont-comments/2003May/0004.
html

#owlref-rdfcore-owl-class-denotation
      It has been suggested to
      RDFCore that owl:Class is not needed.  RDFCore requests the
      creation of test cases to clearly illustrate the differences
      between owl:Class and rdfs:Class.

ACTION: Mike Smith to update issue list 5.20 about synonyms in RDF/OWL
with the specific problem of owl:Class vs rdfs:Class

ACTION: Jos de Roo to propose a test based on the example given by peter


About Test document: 4 weeks last call period after Budapest. Proposed
Recommandation: June 30?

3.4 Other issues wrt. LC comments

ACTION: Guus to propose a definition for "class description".
ACTION: Mike Smith to update the Guide glossary accordingly (possibly
removing "class expression").

Discussion about Topic Maps (more in Budapest) Comment of Varant does
not appear to involve ssues wrt. our specs.

3.5 WG Schedule

Test document: 4 weeks last call period after Budapest.
Tentative date for request for Proposed/Candidate recommandation: June
30.

3.6 XMLLiteral examples for I18N (Carroll)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003May/0285.html

NOT DISCUSSED

4. AOB
Received on Tuesday, 27 May 2003 03:57:01 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:00 GMT