Re: imports issue

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 08:51:40 +0300
To: www-webont-wg@w3.org

> I think we should recommend to creators of large ontologies that
> they NOT use owl:imports to the other "pieces" of the ontology,

Yes that would work, then when you want to work with a DL style reasoner, or
to be sure that an OWL Full reasoner is working with the whole thing you have
a file all.owl that imports the whole lot.

>   We should caution people to use imports sparingly and only when they
> need the "commitment" that Jeff was worried about when he raised this
> issue.

A simple list of URIrefs and their types (owl:Class etc) possibly with an
rdfs:comment would IMO be helpful in the scenario you paint with the cancer
ontologies.

Jeremy