Re: datatyping in test for Pat's review

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 19:12:18 +0300
To: www-webont-wg@w3.org

Ian suggests:
An OWL DL document D is consistent with respect to datatype theory T if
and only if there is some Abstract OWL interpretation I with respect
to T such that I satisfies D.

unfortunately this text, while neat, asks more questions than it answers - we
do not define satisifes as in an interpretation satisfying a document, so
questions to do with
a) imports closure
b) which abstract ontology
are unanswered.

My proposed text:

An OWL Lite or OWL DL document is consistent with respect to a datatype theory
[OWL Semantics and Abstract Syntax], if and only if a corresponding
collection of OWL DL ontologies in abstract syntax form with a separated
vocabulary is simulataneously consistent with respect to the datatype theory.

requires the somewhat shorter imaginitive leap from the defn of consistent in
S&AS to the notion of simulataneously consistent, and perhaps is still
unclear about imports. However, the which abstract ontology is answered by
the "with a separated vocabulary" and the correspondence theorem.

I will circulate some more text tomorrow.